Compression Stocking Sizing
When you’re ready to place an order for stocking products from NuLife Medical, you want to be sure that you’re choosing the right fit. No matter what brand or compression level you’re looking for, there are some general guidelines for fitting. If you aren’t sure how to fit yourself, explore our compression stocking size guide here for details and assistance.
Finding the perfect fit is crucial so you can get back to your life with ease, since well-fitted compression stockings help with:
- Decreasing risk of blood clots during travel
- Relieving tired achy legs
- Improving athletic performance & recovery
- Reducing varicose veins
- Reducing Chronic leg/foot pain or swelling (edema)
- Relieving venous insufficiency
- Relieving Lymphedema symptoms
- Relieving Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Improving circulation after inactivity
- Relieving leg ulcers
- Relieving joint injuries
How to Measure Yourself for the Best Fit
When shopping for light support, measuring yourself first thing in the morning is best when finding what compression stocking sizing works for you. Early measurements allow you to note your sizing details before swelling increases throughout the day.
As you search for products with more compression or different lengths, you’ll need to measure various parts of your foot and leg to ensure the best fit.
Knee high socks will require you to measure:
- The circumference of your ankle at the narrowest area (just above your ankle bone)
- The circumference of your calf at the widest area
For thigh high socks, you will also need to measure (in addition to the knee high measurements):
- The circumference of your thigh at the widest area
- The length of your thigh from under your buttocks to the floor
Lastly, for full pantyhose, you need one more measurement:
- The circumference of your hips at the widest part.
Choosing Your Size
Once you’ve measured and recorded all these areas, you’re ready to choose your compression stocking sizing. Then, refer to your chosen brand’s specific size chart to confirm which size in that style would be best.
If you’re still unsure of the best fit for you, reach out to our certified fitting experts for additional assistance!